Tuesday, January 24, 2012

EEK!  

So since I have the patience of a saint (note sarcasm) I decided to call the surgeon's office and see about setting up an appointment.  Apparently they had my number wrong and had been trying to call me since last week after my angiogram.  Turns out that they could get me in anytime to meet with my surgeon and go over all of the procedures and whatnot and get me in for surgery the next day.  We arranged to have the surgery for Tuesday, the 31st of January.  Like, in 6 days.  

Needless to say, I'm a little freaked out.  I mean, its one thing to go and research the procedures and surgery and doctor and all of that...its another to actually be putting the plans into motion, and I'm not sure quite yet how I feel.  I think as soon as I can wrap my head around it and have a good cry (like any normal girl will do now and again) I will be just fine, but until then I'm keeping busy with work and the kiddos.  Fun side note: the day I'm allowed to lift Sophia again (limited to 5lbs or less since the angiogram) is the DAY of the friggen' surgery.  But I know my girls will be in good hands and I'll have good company with me in Houston.


For now I'm concentrating on what the heck I'm going to do for a WEEK in the hospital recovering after the surgery!  I'm thinking between my laptop and borrowing my mom's Kindle I'll be pretty set.  Plus big sis might bring her IPAD *hint hint* to show off and to continue my How I Met Your Mother Marathon I started on Friday.  Although I guess I could just do that on my computer...but where's the fun in that??

In short: Surgery Tuesday

Prayers are welcomed at this point =)

Oh and feel free to ask any questions or leave comments, that was the whole point to this, guys! 

No comments:

Post a Comment