Thursday, February 2, 2012

Alive and kicking!

Surgery went very well! Once again I was greatly impressed with Dr. Ott's skill level. The surgery I had typically takes about 6+ hours with a good hour to an hour and a half (I believe) on the bypass pump, which can be dangerous so the less time you are on the bypass pump the better. Dr. Ott was done in about 3 1/2 hours and he only needed me on the bypass pump for 21 minutes. The man is DAYUM fast, and very good. I'm doing pretty well, like the doctors have all said each day is substantially better than the next. Although they took me off the pain pump when they moved me to my nice private room (thanks, Dr. Sister!) so I shed a few tears over that. Overall I have had really fantastic nurses (shoutout to Famila, Caroline, Cheyenne, Mari and Brandi!!) and have a newfound respect for their job after some of the post-op patients we endured together. I'm away from the ICU now but so far like this nurse (Allison) too! Takes a special person to do their job!! Also my room has an awesome view of some of the medical buildings and hospitals, and I do not mean that sarcastically! The medical center here is HUGE with over ten hospitals in the area, it's truly amazing. And it's nice and gloomy out just like I like it! Okay well I'm going to spend some quality time with my sis now and try to take it easy. Wish me a pain-free night! Love you all so much and appreciate every bit of support. Those prayers certainly paid off, I was told I am healing perfectly!

No comments:

Post a Comment